Sunday 10 July 2011

No time like the present

thought i would finish my sampler from summer school while the ideas were still fresh! I had a wonderful time at Urchfont with Mary Sleigh as our tutor learning about African textiles. before i went i had never really considered African textiles but now i am definitely a convert, especially the raffia pieces made in the Republic of the Democratic Congo and the strip woven cloths of West Africa. it was great to see everyone again who i met last year and to meet new people. Thank you Sian, Mary and Jan for a great few days. excuse the posie picture but i thought it looked good with a stripped branch courtesy of my son!

1 comment:

  1. I love those raffia cloths too..in fact I bought a couple ages ago, and really should hang them on the wall. I love your sampler.

    ReplyDelete